Installing Amana Refrigerator Filters
- Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counterclockwise.
- Pull the filter straight down and discard (don't worry, the water will shut off automatically).
- Push the new filter up into the fridge until it stops.
- Twist the filter a quarter-turn clockwise.
- Reset your "change filter" light (if your fridge has one).
How to reset the change filter light:
Press and hold the dispenser LOCK and AUTO-LIGHT (or WATER on some fridges) buttons on the dispenser at the same time for 4 seconds or until the filter status indicator begins to flash, then release the buttons.